The BC Seafood Alliance is a non-profit organization established in 1999 to represent British Columbia's seafood industries.
It is by far the most representative commercial fishing organization in BC. As an umbrella group that brings together traditional capture fisheries, seafood processors, marketers and exporters, the BC Seafood Alliance collectively represents more than 90% of the commercially harvested seafood in BC worth almost $1 billion in sales annually.
The BC Seafood Alliance represents the united voice of thousands of small and medium-sized businesses that comprise BC's seafood sector, providing effective leadership, advocacy and communication in pursuit of a profitable and sustainable seafood industry in British Columbia.
The BC Seafood Alliance is committed to:
- The conservation and sustainable use of seafood resources in BC for the benefit of all British Columbians;
- Fostering public recognition and support for BC’s seafood sector as an industry that is professional, responsible, self-sufficient, innovative and an important contributor to the socioeconomic well-being of the province and its coastal communities;
- Supporting a competitive and successful seafood industry in British Columbia that optimizes the value of the province's seafood resources;
- Promoting the high quality of BC seafood products;
- Promoting a safe working environment in the fishing industry and reducing work related accidents;
- Advocating for the effective management of seafood resources in British Columbia.